Thursday, June 11, 2015

Unpacking, Repacking, Double Checking

Hi everyone! We're one day out from leaving the States and from the looks of it, most of us are just about ready! There are ten undergraduate Marquette Nurses going down to Piura, Peru this weekend along with one faculty member. We're more than excited to get going. We've been in constant communication with each other regarding supplies, books, and treats to bring along with us. There's a lot to bring so we've been packing and unpacking everything to make sure it all fits and to ensure nothing is forgotten. It's crazy to think that we're almost ready to leave our lives behind for five or so weeks. A few of us are traveling together while others travel separately. Megan and Molly flew to Chile before heading to Peru and Kerry and Kate flew out today to get to Peru a day early to explore. Erin, Catherine, and I head out at 5am tomorrow morning and we'll be meeting the rest of our crew, Grace, Anna Nicole, and Corrine, in Miami and then flying to Lima from there. We'll be meeting our faculty advisor, Theresa at our hostel in Lima. On Saturday, we'll be touring Lima before catching a plane to Piura, where we'll be spending the next 4 weeks! It's going to be a fast paced next day and half but we're more than ready!

Erin, Catherine, and I lived on the nursing community floor our freshman year. I recall discussing the opportunity to experience Peru from a nursing standpoint with them. Back then, it seemed so distant and now it's a reality. I'm incredibly happy to be experiencing this amazing opportunity with the both of them after two and a half years of dreaming what it might be like. With only one year left of my undergraduate career it will be nice to be able to come full circle alongside the two of them. I'm also looking forward to getting to know the rest of our team better. Kerry, Kate, and I were in the same clinical group this past fall and we learned so much from each other in those few weeks. I know that spending four weeks in clinical together will help us grow with each other. There's so much that we have yet to experience and it's all just a plane ride away.

Thank you to everyone who helped make this dream of ours a reality. We appreciate all of the financial help and your prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment