Sunday, June 14, 2015

Piura! (Also a Day Late)


We were welcomed by men and women of the parish with a Marquette banner and multiple balloons. Although it be night and all of us were exhausted, we were instantly energized with all of the love and happiness exuding from the people. As Erin put it “our hearts are overflowing with love”. Simply put, it was just so amazing and overwhelming to have complete strangers accept us into their arms and give us hugs and kisses the second we stepped outside the airport. Their love for us was so unexpected but I immediately knew I was where God wanted me for these next few weeks. I’ve been trying to decipher where I’m supposed to be in regards to His plan and I think that this will help me find a stronger sense of Him in my life—something I’m definitely looking forward to. The church is incredibly accommodating and the food we were provided was Chinese! There’s a lot of Chinese influence here in Peru. Chifa is a food consisting of Peruvian and Chinese influence. It’s really good! As we moved our belongings into our room, we went out onto the roof to see our surroundings and we saw fireworks in the distance. What a way to start our time in Piura!

No comments:

Post a Comment